Friday 13 January 2012

Toilet Technology


This is an automatic toilet that I found in my hotel at the Vivaldi Park Ski Resort, as you can see there are almost 20 different controls. I think the integration of technology to clean and dry you on the toilet is a good thing, however the application must be simple. I find this control module and the functions it offers much too complicated- whilst the toilet the can do much more than an average toilet perhaps the user's utility diminishes as they are confused and bewildered or worse still given a sudden surprise from down below! (also it is not just a language barrier because I asked a Korean friend about the labels) New technology should not make a simple procedure more complicated it should do the opposite or offer some kind of new function of equal complexity.